Monday, January 30, 2012

Warlock Round up -- Moshar

I find Moshar one of the trickier warlocks in Circle. To prevent myself from just stream of consciousness my thoughts on him I need to do a pro con list for him as well.

Pros

  • Great spell list
I really love curse of shadows on circle. Anything that lets me not take a gorax or double up with a gorax for an absolutely brutal assault. Crevasse is a great spell specially with sands of fate to protect him. I don't like killing my own stuff for my opponent, but you cannot deny how powerful this spell can be.
  • Eyeless sight is beautiful
I really enjoy Eyeless sight, it's like cheating without the guilt.
  • maltreatment with regenerating warbeasts
Maltreatment is pretty simple, but what makes it so good with Moshar is the ability to heal the damage you due by generating a fury on a warbeast.
  • high fury

Cons
  • Old man stats
Moshar has to hide in the back. This is really easy with Sands of Fate, but I hate having to kill my own model every time I want to be offensive with Moshar. Gallows grove come out sooner. :(
  • Very limited feat - only super effective by hordes
This is pretty simple. It basicly only prevents arc nodes from warmachine, while it can be devastating vs. hordes.
  • Hard to remember spells (this is lack of use, but makes him a hard warlock to pick up for newer players)
Sunhammer and mirage are tough to remember spells for newer players. I love these spells and out of my 2 games I constantly forgot to use them. Just need to practice him a lot more.


Lists


With my first list I went light beasts and messed around with some of the typical Moshar items, like Wolves of Orboros. I'm not really a fan of WoO but I love Morraig, and during this game vs Kallus Morraig was a serious all-star. I landed two 5 damage dice charges. One of them being the death blow on Kallus which is so entertaining. Mat 10 with 5 damage dice is such a solid attack.

Moshar vs. Kallus  1 - 0

Mohsar the Desertwalker (*5pts)
* Pureblood Warpwolf (9pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (10pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Tharn Bloodtrackers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Nuala the Huntress (2pts)
Wolves of Orboros (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Wolflord Morraig (5pts)
Celestal Fulcrum (9pts)
Sentry Stone (Leader and 3 Manikins) (3pts)

After my first game I decided to try some new ideas and stop using the "musts." Though gorax did find himself in the list, I really loved bloodtrackers and bloodweavers for mirage targets. I also wanted to try curse of shadows and primal to remove any hard targets off the table. This looked very solid, but Moshar was a little too close early on and caught a ravagore blast damage hit setting him on fire and throwing him to two hit points by the end of turn 2. I still squeaked out a victory, but that was more luck then skill. I shifted the stones the shifting stones ua behind Lylith then sands of fate into her rear arc and proceeded to bash her to death.

Moshar vs. Lylith1 1 - 0

Mohsar the Desertwalker (*5pts)
* Gorax (4pts)
* Woldwatcher (5pts)
* Pureblood Warpwolf (9pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (10pts)
Druids of Orboros (Leader and 5 Grunts) (7pts)
* Druid of Orboros Overseer (2pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
Tharn Bloodtrackers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Tharn Bloodweavers (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)

2 - 0

Conclusion

Overall Moshar is my absolutely favorite warlock in the fluff. Out of all the Warlocks I'd have to say I like Moshar the least with play style. I will clarify though, I don't think he is weak in the slightest. I just don't like his feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment