Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Warlock Round up -- Kaya1 Part 2

As my last Kaya post I mentioned I wanted to try her non tier. It worked out a lot better, but unfortunately I don't remember everything that was in the list. I almost wonder if I played down 9 points. Which would be very amusing!

Kaya the Wildborne (*6pts)
* Gnarlhorn Satyr (8pts)
* Shadowhorn Satyr (7pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (10pts)
Druids of Orboros (Leader and 5 Grunts) (7pts)
* Druid of Orboros Overseer (2pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Tharn Wolfriders (Leader and 2 Grunts) (6pts)
Blackclad Wayfarer (2pts)
Druid Wilder (2pts)

Kaya1 is a very interesting warlock. My second game I basically forgot about pack hunters for the first two turns which was exceedingly brutal since I was fighting defense 16 temple flame guard. I must say, obnoxious! A very solid little menoth block from my friend Greg. I don't remember if this is 100% correct  list, but I'm sure its near accurate.

Hierarch Severius (*6pts)
* Blessing of Vengeance (7pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
* Hierophant (2pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Exemplar Errants (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard Bearer (2pts)
Temple Flameguard (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Temple Flameguard Officer & Standard (2pts)
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & 2 Honor Guard (4pts)
The Covenant of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal Mechanik (1pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)


With the threat of eye of menoth and ignoring stealth he brought some very solid counters too my list. I proeceeded to make massive mistakes left and right this game slamming into his forces as hard as possible without much success. To keep this part short as I don't remember everything very well (definitely a mental note on write the blog the day of the game!). I pressured old man Severius to the right corner of his killbox with the tharn wolf riders. Then proceeded to land a few key pushes with the druids of orboros and through a bounding on the stalker and flung him 11 inches giving him 13 inches of threat. *Psst I love you reach* And proceeded to eat the old man.

Things I've learned of Kaya1. Spirit door can be very crafty. You can use it to pull some very odd shennaigans, including spirit fangs then retreat, throw stalkers at people then yo-yo (yes I know very standard) or spell assassination run with spirit dooring next to a beast that ran near the enemy warnoun. This only works well if you can teleport behind for a back arc. Then boost a spirit fang on him and lowering his defense by 2 giving you an effective 10+2d6 to hit on the next 2-3 spirit fangs. Once you hit you should pop your feat and fill up on 6 fury again and throw 2 more spirit fangs. This isn't a give me to hard to kill casters, but more forces weak casters to camp.

Kaya1 1 - 1.

Up next - Cassius

No comments:

Post a Comment