Friday, March 23, 2012

List Dojo

I haven't played Cygnar in quite awhile but I have a fun event to play this Saturday. We are doing a combo wrath/domination event which will be fantastically fun. I had originally wrote up a full boat of Circle lists to play in the event, and they are still my back up but without representation for the boys in blue I'm preparing some Cygnar lists for the event.

Event Rules - for this event you can get a lot of scenario points based off of your list construction. My main goals are to get full amount of the limited points in as few lists as possible.


• Play with a fully painted army: 1 point
• Bring a fully modeled HQ trench: A player who builds a piece of terrain to match the HQ trench
requirements from the scenario is awarded 2 points.
• Win with a ’caster kill: 1 point
• Win with scenario victory: 1 point
• Play with five different warcasters: A player who plays five games, fielding a different warcaster each
time, is awarded 2 points.
• Play with only a battle group: A player who fields an army in which all the models comprise one
battlegroup is awarded 2 points.
• Play with a tier 4 theme list: 1 point
• Play with a Wrath warcaster: 1 point
• Play with two battle engines or two character warjacks: A player who fields an army with either two
battle engines or two character warjacks is awarded 1 point.
• End a game with no friendly models on your half of the table: 1 point
• End a game with no enemy models on your half of the table: 1 point

Cygnar Lists


Major Victoria Haley (*5pts)
* Thorn (8pts)
Storm Strider (9pts)
Storm Strider (9pts)
Storm Tower (2pts)
Stormblade Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* 2 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner (2pts)
Captain Arlan Strangewayes (2pts)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1pts)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1pts)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1pts)

This list takes care of the tier 4 theme list, 2 battle engines. Time to build my second Strider.

Captain E. Dominic Darius (*5pts)
* Centurion (9pts)
* Hammersmith (8pts)
* Thunderhead (12pts)
* Triumph (11pts)

This list is terrible, but takes care of the whole battle group version. I can jam into them and camp my focus and hopefully just beat my way into their caster.



Commander Coleman Stryker (*6pts)
* Lancer (6pts)
* Defender (9pts)
* Hammersmith (8pts)
* Ironclad (7pts)
* Ol' Rowdy (9pts)
* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker (2pts)

Edit: Sylys didn't count for battle group, and thanks fully my buddy Jay let me know before the tournament so I could edit the list!

Since my Darius list seemed just awful. I feel obliged to at least look at some more lists to cover the all battle group option and the Kraye lists could potentially work but then I realized Stryker might be my boy. Now I'm not referring to epic, I'm talking my old school classic.



Constance Blaize, Knights of the Prophet (*6pts)
* Gallant (9pts)
* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker (2pts)
Horgenhold Forge Guard (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Captain Jonas Murdoch (2pts)
Sword Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Sword Knight Officer & Standard (2pts)
Sword Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Archduke Alain Runewood (3pts)
Journeyman Warcaster (3pts)

This finally takes care of my wrath caster list. I actually have been wanting to try this list for awhile. I think it has a lot of potential. Jam you with the sword knights pop my feat and get ready for burly dwarves on the following turn.

1 comment: