Thursday, February 2, 2012

Celestial Fulcrum part. 1



I've really enjoyed the addition of battle engines to Warmachine/Hordes. The one's I've personally used are the Cygnar battle engine and Circle battle engine. They've both impressed me much more then expected. The new flavor they bring to the battlefield is a welcomed asset to the game.

I find the Circle battle engine a little less versatile in lists it can still offer a really solid punch to the army.  It's currently found it's home in my Baldur2 list because I believe it synergizes well with his roots of earth spell. With it's immunity to the elements plus being able to throw +3 armor on it getting it up to armor 21 makes it a very hard to take down shooting platform that can remove swathes of infantry while still throwing boostable pow15 shots at harder targets. Here is the list that I've tried a few times to very high amount of success.

Baldur the Stonesoul (*5pts)
* Woldwatcher (5pts)
* Megalith (11pts)
* Woldguardian (9pts)
* Woldguardian (9pts)
Celestal Fulcrum (9pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
Blackclad Wayfarer (2pts)
Blackclad Wayfarer (2pts)
Gallows Grove (1pts)
Gallows Grove (1pts)
Gallows Grove (1pts) 

I had planned on taking this as 1 of my lists for orc con on Febuary 17th, but since the release date of the Gallows are on the 22nd I'll have to devise a new list. I currently think Baldur2 needs either a few wardens/megalith or some gallows groves to support his non upkeep support spell.

I have started painting my battle engine and am relatively happy with it. I still need to do the druids and the rock stands they are on then attach them to the rest of the model. I am not incredibly experienced with doing gems but I am pleased with the one's that I did for the orbs. I also played around with a painted rock scheme instead of dry brush for the base. It was a fun experiment and took a very long time. I probably won't repeat it, but I might experiment with variations on it for smaller trinket style rocks. The 3 layers of highlighting on the green runes was probably the most tedious part of the project.

With the battle engine and a lion share of my warbeasts done, it's time to finally start painting some infantry. I love Circle infantry models, but I keep shying away from them. Running out of alternative paint projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment