Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Warlock Round up -- Kaya2

As I had stated in the last blog I'm playing 2 games with every Warlock and trying to decide on which ones I really wanna prepare for Lock and Load, so I decided to write a blog for each Warlock experience. Sorry previously done Warlocks I won't be going back for you.

With Kaya2 my list for the 2 games was...

Tiers: 4
Kaya the Moonhunter & Laris (*3pts)
* Gorax (4pts)
* Feral Warpwolf (8pts)
* Pureblood Warpwolf (8pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (9pts)
Druids of Orboros (Leader and 5 Grunts) (7pts)
* Druid of Orboros Overseer (2pts)
Warpborn Skinwalkers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)

To start off my 2 games were vs. Nicole's Skorne. First game was first Hexeris's tier 4 list.  We both were very under whelmed by the list but as the game progressed it turned out to be a very tricky and solid list. The praetorian swordsman died relatively easily to the druids and stalker, but this fueled the 2 ancestral guardians, Hakkar and Marketh. The game still went in my favor but it was mainly after a ghostly feral warpwolf with primal and forced evolution got onto Hexeris.

Game 2 was vs. Xerxis. This list I was also under whelmed by which was my downfall. Nilihiators with fury on them are a very destructive force, not to mention hard to kill when they pass 5 tough checks vs my Stalker! The amazing moment of the game was when the Bronzeback had fury and enrage on him ping ponged through my army with train wreck killing 2 skinwalkers, pureblood warpwolf, and gnarlhorn saytr.   A truely impressive show of destructive force. That makes it in my top 5 of most destructive uses of a beast/jack that I've witnessed.

Kaya2 1-1

Things I've learned about Kaya2

  • That the Druids of Orboros with vortex next to beasts making them defense 16 is really amazing. Even more amazing when your opponent continuously hits!
  • Gnarlhorn doesn't really have a place in the list. I am leaning toward some more infantry clearing help. The real finishing moves have come from ghostly warpwolves or just beast trading since the list has 6.
  • I'm thinking of a unit of shifting stones, ua and an Argus. The argus is really tempting with a stalker who goes berserk with 360 + it gives me a 4 point pow 20 bullet to throw away.
Next list to try for Kaya2...

Tiers: 4
Kaya the Moonhunter & Laris (*3pts)
* Argus (4pts)
* Gorax (4pts)
* Feral Warpwolf (8pts)
* Pureblood Warpwolf (8pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (9pts)
Druids of Orboros (Leader and 5 Grunts) (7pts)
* Druid of Orboros Overseer (2pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Warpborn Skinwalkers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)

Next up is hopefully Cassius, as I've been dying to try a few ideas with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment