Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mountain King! (work in progress)

I am really loving this model. I find it monstrous and intimidating. I have played 3 games with him and have had good success. I am 2 - 1 with him where two of my matches are vs. Thyra one of his worst nightmares.  48 boxes is enough to survive most alpha strikes that would kill most other heavies. You still have to keep an eye out for Bronze backs, Mulgs, Blood of Martyrs or equivalent nasties.

The build time on him was roughly 8 hours if you count in all the puddy work. The paint time is roughly 6 hours for base coating the red, 3 hours for dry brushing the stone and a 4 more hours of random details and gloss coating the rocks. The gloss coat on the rocks looks bitching in person and is a bit weird in the picture.

I am hoping to finish him by Sunday so I can use him in the unbound game I plan on playing at the Grand Opening at Mercenary Market. (Quick address call out to Mercenary Market - 2263 Fairview Dr., Costa Mesa CA)

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! I tried him out for the first time last night. Overextended and got him killed, but it took some 25ish points of khadoran beatstick to seal the deal, so that was eye opening. Can't wait to see yours on the table!

    ReplyDelete